Knowledge and change management legal operations
The effective organisation of the legal operations and subsequently of the related business activities requires the management and employees involved to have knowledge and willingness to go through change processes.
The company management, department management and employees make various considerations about whether or not to go through knowledge and change processes. On the one hand, it is the investment in time, on the other hand, the uncertainty that the intended changes will be successful. In addition, it must be clear to employees that their position is improving.
Department management and employees want to understand the benefits of applying the corporate legal function and then operating the business. What are the changes; how does the management support the change process and what is the intended speed; and what are the consequences of the changes in the organisation of the department for the position of the employees themselves? At department level, intrinsically motivated employees are needed who can/want to perform the role of Business Process Coordinator.
How can we help you?
Do you have questions about organizing, implementing or expanding your legal operations? Our service owner, mr. Ans Duthler or her colleagues, are happy to discuss your specific case.
The program design follows the implementation and maintenance strategy of the legal operations. The principles are as follows.
First organize the company-specific information ecosystem: provide insight into entities and business units, create user accounts and link roles, and make employees and management aware and train in the field of:
- trust network, apply company-specific information ecosystem and organise accountability;
- trade secrets and personal data; and
- knowledge and change management if desired.
Then organise the legal operations itself:
- making an inventory of business activities, experiences and designing scenarios and contract libraries based on existing models;
- setting up the formal and functional organization of the corporate legal function;
- composing prototypes (organization, scripts, contract libraries and IT support) that are tested by the relevant management and employees. Make adjustments to the prototypes based on the findings;
- formulating the impact on the effective organization of business activities;
- make the legal operations operational step by step for each business activity; and
- management, compliance and governance.
We offer training based on open registration. This training is suitable for providing company-specific on location (in-company) and for incorporating it into the company-specific learning environment.